This published book is all about an immigration lawyer NYC. The book was titled as: Lawyers and Immigrants, 1870-1940: A Cultural History
THE EDITORIAL REVIEWSEWS
Louis Anthes converses the story of the European immigrants with the relationship they have to New York’s legal profession among Reconstruction and the Great Depression.
By using pronounced written materials, privately maintained documents, as well as archival sources, Louis scrutinizes how immigrants – largely from southern and eastern Europe – going by Ellis Island, utilized the law after deteriorating some personal injuries at home and at work, and contemplated at city law schools.
They improvised their very own legal definitions based on their everyday life by entrusting on themselves, neighbours, families, and insular lawyers.
At the same time until now, the immigrant lawyers nyc are more entrenched in assiduously annotated immigrants’ legal strategies as incoherent with their profession’s highest duties, and also that they stimulated a lot of reforms to retain their authority over the practice of law.
About the Author
Louis Anthes was educated in public and private Catholic schools in the American Middle West and was graduated, twice, from the University of Chicago, and later, twice, from New York University and acquired with a Ph.D. in United States history and a J.D. from the School of Law. His first published book, “Immigrants & Lawyers-. He has published on a lot of different and several subject matters and topics that are related to United States legal history. At present, he is a sovereign scholar residing in Europe and the United States.
Library Binding is 318 pages
Publisher is LFB Scholarly Publishing (September 2003)
Language is available in English
Product Dimensions is 8.6 x 5.7 x 1 inches
Shipping Weight is 1.6 pounds. For more information visit the site at
Average Customer Review please visit the site at
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,363,858 in Books, please visit the site at
If you happen to have any concerns and questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer service in this link:
If you would like to update the product info please visit this site at
If you would like to give feedback on images, please visit this site at
If you would like to tell us about a lower price, please visit this site at
If there is any other feedback that you would like to provide, we welcome you in sharing those to us. Please visit the site at
Today’s lawyer resumes generally fall into one of two broad categories: the chronological resume and the functional resume. The chronological lawyer resume lists all your experience from the most to the least recent in reverse chronological order. The functional lawyer resume, on the other hand, focuses on your skills and experience, rather than on your chronological work history.
While the chronological resume is the most popular form of resume used by lawyers, the functional lawyer resume can be a good alternative in certain circumstances. Lawyers who may want to consider a functional format include:
* Experienced lawyers who want to present a unified theme in their work experience, or who want to take the focus away from their age and experience as not to appear “overqualified” or too senior for a position.
* Lawyers who have practiced in different fields or practice areas from the type of position they are seeking (e.g. from law firm to in-house, or from litigation to corporate).
* Lawyers who left the practice or who have gaps on their resumes (e.g. such as women who took time off to raise children, or those who have had more than a 6-months gap between positions).
That said, unless you are in a situation where the functional lawyer resume makes the most sense (e.g. you are returning to the work for after a long hiatus), you should note that most legal employers and recruiters generally do not favor the functional resume. Most legal employers are accustomed to the chronological resume, and many online application programs do not accept functional resumes.
To be safe, you should try to create both a chronological and functional lawyer resume, present both resumes to colleagues and recruiters in your field, and see which one they feel best reflects your skills and experience. Again, before sending any resume, you need to know your audience, their expectations, and determine what type of resume format they will be most receptive to.
Here is a general template of a functional lawyer resume:
JANE B. DOE
555 Palmer Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205 222-555-5555
Chief legal officer of an industrial manufacturing company with over 20 years of practice experience in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, litigation management, and complex commercial contracts. Experience includes attorney training, budget management, and outside counsel oversight.
* Negotiated and drafted legal documents for thousands of manufacturing projects with commercial, state, local and federal customers around the world.
* Designed and implemented a contract review and contract administration system for a business featuring more than 5,000 active, unique contracts.
Mergers & Acquisitions
* Completed over 50 separate acquisitions domestically totaling more than $1 billion in aggregate purchase price.
* Completed mergers and acquisitions internationally, in countries including France, Germany, China, Brazil and Mexico.
* Managed a litigation portfolio of nearly 100 active lawsuits or claims in a variety of countries and legal jurisdictions.
* Resolved complex claims and litigation, including several claims in excess of $100 million.
Legal Department Management
* Responsible for a legal department budget, internal and external, of approximately $20 million.
* Hired, trained and supervised a staff of ten lawyers plus five support staff to handle the complex legal affairs of the company.
Manufacturing Company, Brooklyn, NY
General Counsel, 1999 – Present
Law Firm, New York, NY
Associate, 1989 – Present
Fordham School of Law, New York, NY
New York University, New York, NY
B.A., English, 1986
New York (1989)