The more severe the injury, the more extensive and specialised medical care may be required to save the patient’s life and return him or her to maximum functional capacity. When injuries result in permanent disabilities such as paralysis, lifelong care may be required.
The expenses of catastrophic injuries vary significantly between individuals and families. However, numerous studies have estimated that the medical expenses associated with care immediately following a catastrophic accident might easily exceed six figures, if not more.
These medical bills cover only the care required immediately following a major injury. They do not include the expenditures of treatment, rehabilitation, or ongoing medical needs, such as the assistance of a caretaker when an individual is unable to perform fundamental living functions due to an injury. Additionally, they exclude costs like lost wages, the cost of replacing goods damaged in the accident, and the pain and suffering incurred by the injured party.
To ensure that any settlement in your case adequately compensates you for your losses, it is prudent to consult with a North Carolina personal injury attorney who is familiar with the complexity of workplace injury cases.
Why Should You Hire a Construction Accident Attorney?
When you hire the services of law firms or attorneys, they provide you with the experienced representation necessary to obtain the recompense you deserve.
Construction sites are hectic locations, with a general contractor and numerous subcontractors frequently working concurrently. Attorneys can conduct an investigation into your construction accident and identify any parties who may be liable for your injuries. If the accident was caused by a contractor or someone other than your company or coworkers, you may have a legal right to sue them for damages in addition to getting workers’ compensation benefits from your own employer.
Here are some examples of what to expect from attorneys:
- A thorough investigation of the construction accident is necessary to identify all possibly responsible parties, including makers of risky construction tools and equipment, as well as other employers and subcontractors on the job site.
- The insurance firms representing each potentially liable party in an accident are identified.
- Collaborate with professionals in the construction industry to rebuild the construction accident and demonstrate how negligence contributed to the accident and your injuries.
- Employ financial experts to assess your future medical expenditures and lost income in the event of a catastrophic injury that prevents you from returning to work or generating the same income in the future.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance carriers to obtain fair reimbursement that accurately reflects the entire scope of your current and future losses.
- Completely prepare your lawsuit for trial, if necessary.
When you are injured at work, you are likely to be entitled to workers’ compensation payments; however, in some circumstances, you may also be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault party through a personal injury claim.
An experienced Indianapolis construction accident attorney to investigate what happened is one of the most essential decisions you will have to make after suffering a major injury in a construction accident. This choice could have a huge impact on your financial recovery as well as the future of your loved ones.
The amount of compensation that may be sought, as well as whether or not punitive damages are appropriate, will be determined by the unique facts of your construction injuries. It is the attorney’s goal to secure the highest compensation possible to assist you to move forward following a terrible accident.